Accessibility at Balnar Management
Balnar Management is taking steps to ensure accessibility is at the forefront of our business in 2019.
Nearly 2 million people in Ontario have a disability – that's about one in seven individuals. This year – we here at Balnar want to better serve everyone in our community. In order to do this, we are employing a few changes around our company – both big and small.
Accessibility in Marketing Materials:
In order to ensure everyone has access to our marketing materials (brochures/flyers) when renting an apartment, we are offering a couple different options for those who may need them.
One option is a brochure designed for each one of our properties that follows the AODA guidelines for design. Our second option that will be accessible to everyone via our website will be audio files of our brochures. Both of these options for our marketing materials allows more open and accessible communication for those with visual impairments.
Along with these design and audio options – we will also be translating our brochures/flyers into the following languages: French, Spanish and an Arabic dialect. This again – will assist us in better serving our community and residents.
Stay tuned for both these initiatives launching this fall.
Twin Towers Accessible Apartments:
At the end of last year, Balnar Management decided to turn its commercial space at Twin Towers Apartments in Guelph into fully accessible one-bedroom apartments.
Three accessible apartments are currently being constructed with an estimated end date of October 2019.
These units feature:
- Wide hallways and doorways with levered door handles
- Obstacle free and non-slip flooring continuous throughout the unit
- Open concept and wide turning radius floor plan for living/dining room and kitchen
- Five appliances including fridge, stove, washer, dryer, and dishwasher – all within reach of a wheelchair
- Kitchens with low counter height, under sink knee clearance and easy to reach cabinets
- Bathrooms with reinforced walls and grab bars; wide clearance and transfer space; vanity with under sink knee clearance; and a roll-in shower.
These newly built units will give you the freedom to live independently with access to everything you could possibly need in an apartment.
For more information on these units please click here.
Accessibility at Our Apartments:
We are working on adding more accessibility features to each of our apartment buildings in our portfolio.
These features include, but not limited to:
- Ramps from the parking lots to sidewalks
- Automatic key entry doorways
- On-site translated and accessible rental materials
As we continue to implement practices and features, we welcome suggestions and feedback to help Balnar become more accessible. You can do so by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.